ESA² is an independent international agency providing qualified decision support for public and private clients in areas related to energy and environmental policy. The strength of ESA² lies on the use of multiple systems-analysis-based tools to analyse complex scenarios in face of strategic planning. The agency’s work is underpinned by its goal to promote a low-carbon economy (see Vision and Mission).
ESA² consulting services include in-depth studies on the economic and environmental impacts of energy and environmental policy measures on economies, sectors and companies. Our analyses provide support to government organizations, NGOs and companies when defining development strategies, efficiency improvements or investment decisions within changing policy frameworks.
ESA² uses a flexible tool kit of well-known models and approaches linked to a common data base, taking into account the tensions between local or company-related interests and international societal objectives and macroeconomic goals. These tools allow for large aggregation of information and multiple variables which cannot be dealt intuitively only (see Business idea).
ESA² expertise comes from well-established and renowned research organizations in Europe (see Partners). Clients profit as they access top class scientifically trained support using a one-stop solution. This saves time and provides aggregated value. The large complexity of the issues involved, and the broad expertise required providing the qualified services proposed constitute a significant barrier for potential new entries in this area.
Currently, ESA² offers consulting services:
- processing useful information related to market behaviour, price trends, investment opportunities etc., and timely making it available for clients to make strategic business or political decisions and choices;
- monitoring technological development, with particular focus on processes;
- identifying market potential for new technologies, green twinning or by-product synergies, and potential projects with climate benefits, and finding partnerships for their implementation;
- addressing barriers in markets for new technologies and products providing advice, training, etc.;
- assessing environmental impacts with the help of advanced well established methods in particular life-cycle assessment (LCA) and multi-criteria analysis;
- creating a neutral platform for dialogues among stakeholders related to policy, major projects or other relevant topics chosen by the users of ESA² internet portal.
In any case of interest, feel free to contact ESA² directly.